Choosing the best E-commerce system can be quite difficult at times! However, that does not need to be so difficult that you end up ruining your shot at success rather than doubling your profit.
Here we will be sharing a guide with you to find the best E-commerce system that best suits your retail business needs!
Who can benefit from using the best e-commerce system?
The answer to this question can be found in the form of one single question: Are you looking to sell something online? If you answer “yes,” then you’ll benefit from using an e-commerce platform.
Whether you have a small online shop, a big online business, a brick-and-mortar store, or you’re an entrepreneur who’s curious to see if your homemade extra-sustainable shopping bags will earn you some income, you’ll benefit from using an e-commerce platform.
Today, there’s no shortage of any pre-packaged best e-commerce system that helps you build a digital storefront in no time. Many even enable you to prop them up without needing a lot of time, money, or brainpower, which is great for the online store keeping an eye on its resources.
How to Choose the Best E-commerce system
Are you pumped to hear that the best e-commerce system industry is alive and booming? Are you digging the idea of bringing home big bucks from selling all of your sweet goods and services online? Are you suddenly realizing that, after typing “e-commerce platforms” into a search bar, your ears are emitting plumes of smoke because a small explosion boomed in your head after reading “About 117,000,000 results (0.72 seconds)” at the top of the page?
While there are an infinite number of e-commerce platforms to choose from, there are ways for your online business to narrow down the playing field. Here are few essential features to look for when shopping for an e-commerce platform:
- Easy shop setup. Look for a platform that is easy to set up and easy to design. You want the ability to fully capture the feel of your unique brand, so take a look at the different templates each platform offers. Templates are great because they don’t require you to hire outside help (expensive!) and they don’t require you to be a design-heavy to create a professional look and make a bold statement.
- Easy to navigate and secure. Have you ever visited a website that’s hard to navigate? Usually, it goes something like this: You’re browsing for a new pair of sandals and you find a pair you really like on a website that looks like it’s stuck in 1996. You ignore the outdatedness because YOU NEED THESE SANDALS, and then you waste 40 minutes of your life because you can’t find what you need.
And when it comes to payment processing, be sure the e-commerce platform you’re eyeing offers top-notch security. A customer gets crabby when their credit card gets stolen and they’re unexpectedly charged twice because of a software glitch!
- Integrations. Sometimes having too many options can feel like an overwhelming burden—similar to the cereal aisle at the grocery store. But when it comes to integration for e-commerce platforms, having a plethora of options to choose from can be a happy perk, especially if your business is looking to grow.
Look for a platform that integrates with your other existing systems and marketing channels. Does it integrate with Facebook? Will it run smoothly with your E-commerce sales and marketing platform? Does it work with Instagram? Are plugins and extensions available?
Want to Explore the best Security system in your E-commerce?
- SEO-friendly. When shoppers are looking for a particular product or service like what your store is selling it should be easy for them to find your business. You want to ensure that your online store ranks high in search results, especially if you’re a new e-commerce store or a small online shop. To do this, look for an e-commerce platform that’s SEO-friendly you can use your own domain name, add your own blog, collect customer reviews all to help drive shoppers to your business organically.
- Mobile-friendly. When it comes to the way customers are interacting with the e-commerce industry, one trend is crystal clear: Mobile shopping has become the norm. According to Statista.com, by 2021 global mobile retail revenue is projected to reach $3.56 billion (up $2.2 billion from 2017). And, according to 2019’s first-quarter results of devices used when shopping, smartphones accounted for a whopping 65% of retail site visits.
When searching for an e-commerce platform, be sure it allows customers easy access to your website. The easier a customer can interact with your brand, the easier it’ll be to make a sale.
- Analytics. Your online store is (or will be very shortly) in the business of making money, so it’s important to monitor your store’s performance. Look for an e-commerce platform that helps you keep tabs on all of the important things number of sales, payment methods, order amounts, and more and displays stats in an easy-to-understand format. As an e-commerce business owner, the last thing you want is to play the numbers guessing game.
- Customer payment options. If it isn’t easy for your online customers to pay for a product or service, how are you going to earn your profit? Be sure to consider what forms of payment you’re willing to take when searching for an e-commerce system.
As a retail business owner, your work surely gets a lot easier when you are working with an all-round best E-commerce system that allows you to maintain your business better than ever. So before investing in an e-commerce system, look for these features so you can reach all the new heights of success!